If you’ve ever experienced slow loading times, glitches, or unexpected errors on your computer, chances are you need to clear your cache. A cache is a temporary storage space that saves data related to the websites you visit and the programs you use. Clearing this data can often improve the performance of your computer and help fix any issues that have arisen due to corrupted files. In this article, we will discuss how to clear your cache in Windows 10. Learn How to Clear Cache Windows?
How to Clear Cache Windows?
Clearing Your Cache Step-by-Step
- Open the Start Menu by clicking the Windows Icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type “Disk Cleanup” into the search bar and select it from the list of options (you may need to grant administrator access).
- Select ‘Clean up system files’ from the list of options on the Disk Cleanup window.
- Select ‘Recycle Bin’, ‘Temporary Files’, and ‘Thumbnails’ from the list of items to be cleaned up (all other items should remain unchecked unless instructed otherwise).
- Click OK and wait for Disk Cleanup to finish working (this may take some time depending on how much information needs to be deleted).
- Once completed, click Close and then restart your computer for these changes to take effect properly.
- You can also delete individual items using File Explorer by selecting View > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab > Show hidden files folders and drives > Apply > OK. From there, open File Explorer > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > [Your Username] > AppData > Local folder > Temp folder (delete anything within this folder).
Now that you know how to clear cache in Windows 10, it should be easy for you to keep your computer running smoothly! Remember that clearing your cache is a great way to improve performance if things are running slowly or if an error has occurred due to corrupted files; however, it should not be done frequently as it can lead to issues with certain programs or websites not loading properly after a few uses! If you have any further questions about clearing your cache or require additional technical support, please do not hesitate reach out our team at Metric Marketing Solutions! We’re here for all of your digital marketing needs!